Manly Warringah Little Athletics would like to wish the best of luck to all of its athletes competing at the NSW Little Athletics State Championships at Sydney Olympic Park.
Manly Warringah will have 62 athletes representing our centre at the “State Littles” Championship, for under-9 to under-12 competitors, on March 20 and 21.
A further 64 athletes will represent Manly Warringah at the “State Youth” Championship, for under-13 to under-17 athletes, on March 27 and 28.
We are confident you will do your best and do us proud!
Note: LANSW has released spectator information for the State Championships which can be found at https://lansw.com.au/state-championships-spectator-information/. This webpage also includes a link to Frequently Asked Questions about the event.
Presentation/Fun day is on this Saturday, 13th March, at the track. Below is the time schedule and some key information for the morning.
- 8:00 – Carnival opens
- 8:30 – Cromer, Manly and Peninsula Club awards (meet at your club flag, west of the grandstand)
- 9:10 – Athletes assemble in grandstand at allocated age group sections
- 9:30 – Presentation of centre awards
- Junior perpetual awards U8 – U12 (female and male)
- Senior perpetual U13 – U17 (female and male)
- Terry Arnold Sportsmanship award (one award from the whole centre)
- New records announced
- Acknowledgment of departing U17s
- U8 Region representative awards
- State Representatives announced
- Best age group dressed acknowledgement
- Recognition of our Age Managers
- 10:15 – Each age group to break out separately and present their awards for;
- Season place award
- Rookie of the year
- Points medals
- Zones and Region Representative trophy’s
- 11:00 – Free time
- 12:00 – Wrap up
Food, Drinks and Entertainment
- Canteen will be open until 9:30. Limited stock but coffee will be flowing!
- Insanely large and fun obstacle jumping castle course
- Temporary tattoo artist
- Some fun running races will be on offer from 8am
We want you…join our committee
At the end of this season (officially at the completion of the AGM schedule for late May – date to be confirmed), some key committee roles will be open and we’re looking for replacements. Further communication will follow with more details and roles open. If you are interested to learn more, please reach out to any committee member – all our contact details are on the website. Regardless of whether you can commit to a role, are open to sharing a role with someone or can be a ‘friend of the committee’ that can help out at peak times, we’d love to welcome you. The more the merrier (and the more fun)!
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday to celebrate the end of 2020/21 season with you all.
The final night of club training for Manly, Peninsula and Cromer athletes will be this Wednesday (March 3).
The final night of Centre training will be on Monday March 15.
A very successful Multi-Event day was held at Narrabeen today (February 28).
The results from all age groups can be found in the following spreadsheet: 2021 – Multi Event Point Score V2. Note: results are listed one age group per page.
Thank you to age managers and all those involved in making it a successful day.
The long-overdue 2019/20 club presentations for the Manly, Cromer and Peninsula clubs have been rescheduled to be held at the track at Narrabeen this Saturday (February 20).
Presentations will be from 7am to 7.30am, prior to the start of competition.
Athletes who competed for each of the three clubs should meet at their respective banners, between the entry gates and canteen block, by the allocated time.
Each club’s awards will include those for age champions in each age group, and the male and female club champions.
Last week’s weather postponement of the long-awaited presentations followed them twice being delayed due to COVID restrictions; The presentations were originally to have been held in March 2020 but were postponed due to the restrictions that came into place at the time. The presentations were rescheduled for December 19, 2020 but were again put on hold when the Northern Beaches was forced into lockdown that week.
- Youth athletes (under-13 to under-17) are required to submit nominations for the State Championships via the NSW Little Athletics website by Sunday February 21.
- The 2020/21 season presentation will be held on Saturday March 13, 2021.
- Final week of Monday night Centre training will be March 15.
- State Championships will be held at Sydney Olympic Park across two weekends; “Littles” (under-9 to 12) on March 20 and 21, “Youth” (under-13 to 17) on March 27 and 28.