Welcome to Manly Warringah Little Athletics Season 2022/23!
Please register here at Gameday.
- Mon 1 Aug 2022: Registrations open
- Sat 10 Sept 2022: Competition commences
Registration packs and uniforms will be available:
- Cromer, Manly and Pittwater
Sunday 4 September 10am – 12pm, Sydney Academy of Sport, Narrabeen
Wednesday 7 September 5.30pm – 6.30pm, Sydney Academy of Sport, Narrabeen
Sunday 4 September 10am – 12pm, Sydney Academy of Sport, Narrabeen
Wednesday 7 September 5.30pm – 6.30pm, Lionel Watts Oval
Wednesday 31 August 6pm – 7pm, Seaforth Oval
Wednesday 7 September 6pm – 7pm, Seaforth Oval
Please follow or like us on Facebook and Instagram for regular updates and important announcements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost?
- First Child: $200
- Second and subsequent child: $180*
- Parent Duty Bond: $100 (per family)**
*In order to get the discounted family rate all members of the family must register at the same time, using the relevant family membership option. This is only available for immediate family – brothers, sisters & step/half siblings.
** bond is a mandatory charge and is returned at the end of the season once all parents duties are complete
- How old does my child have to be?
Children must be a minimum of 5 years old* and a maximum of 16 years old by the 31 December 2021. For the age group your child falls into please refer to our age matrix.
*Please note: Under 6 Athletes cannot register until early December, 2022 and competition will begin on Saturday mid January, 2023.
- Can I use an Active Kids Voucher?
Yes. This must be applied for before registration on the Service NSW Website. You will need the voucher number to complete your registrations if you want the discount applied.
- What times and how long does Little A’s go for?
Main competition starts around 8.00am Saturday mornings, with Race Walks and longer distance Hurdles generally from 7.30am. We recommend parents try to arrive at 7.45am to secure parking.
Competition finish time varies as each age group is different however we find the first couple of weeks can take a little longer, finishing around 11.00am, however, as the season progresses this reduces dramatically and usually finishes no later than 10.00am. Please ensure one parent is always present at the track.
Updates on times will be published on our social media sites and added to our website closer to season commencement.
- Are trials available?
Yes. Trials start Week 3 of competition and costs $10 per week. A maximum of 2 trials are allowed.
To sign up please do so before you arrive as this is now done online at GameDay.
- What happens if we’ve paid and we want to leave half way into the season. Can I get a refund?
No. As with other children’s sport like Soccer, Football, Basketball, Nippers, etc, MWLAC does not provide refunds.
- How do I register?
Step 1: Before applying online be prepared with:
- Active kids voucher (apply at Service NSW). You will need the voucher number to complete your registration if you wish to receive the discount.
- Proof of age document (if a new athlete)
- Sign up for 4 parent duties (per family) via the ‘Parent Duties Sign-up’ button on the Manly Warringah Little Athletics website > Parent Duties page
Step 2. Apply online: GameDay.
Step 3: Pick up your registration pack:
Your registration pack contains your child’s race bar code bib, age patch and a number of other goodies. These will be available at the dates and venues noted at the top of this page
- Why do I need to do parent duties?
- MWLA cannot run without the help of parent volunteers. We usually have over 700 children competing on a Saturday. We do not have enough committee members to do all the jobs necessary (who are all unpaid volunteers themselves and do hours of work behind the scenes already to get the season running smoothly)
- Your children LOVE seeing and having you help out. They are far more likely to stay engaged with Athletics when their parents are part of what they do
- You learn as well….Athletics is a great sport and helping out shows you what it takes to make this happen!
- If you complete your duties you will receive have your $100 bond returned!
- How is my bond refunded?
For the 2022/23 season it will be returned at the end of the season in April/May 2023 once all 4 duties are completed (subject to the additional requirement if your athlete competes at Zone, Region or the State Championships). If you have not received your bond from the 2021/22 season, you or we, may not have recorded all your parent duties correctly. Please contact your parent duties manager to enquire.
- How do I compete in Seniors events?
For all those in the U12 – U17 age groups with Little Athletics, Dual Registration gives you entry to Senior Athletics where competitions take place mainly over weekends, usually on synthetic tracks and with official timing. There are also State Championships that can lead to National Championships. National entry qualifications do not use Little Athletics results. You must compete in Seniors events to qualify.
You may join any Senior club you choose. The senior club that operates from Narrabeen is called Sydney Pacific and again this season will compete under the name of Manly Warringah Athletics. As a benefit, particularly for MWLA athletes, there is no fee to join Sydney Pacific as a Dual Member.
Similar to other large Centres in NSW, MWLA are exploring options on having its own Senior club in the future, but currently there is no Senior club run by MWLA.
ANSW will require Dual athletes to individually activate or renew their ANSW Dual membership via the ANSW membership platform. ANSW will send very clear communications to all Dual athletes regarding this process along with the ANSW Membership Go Live date. ANSW Go Live date is in October 2022. If you have not received this information please read this on the benefits of Dual Membership and the process for 2022/23.
In addition to the LANSW bibs, Dual athletes will be allocated ANSW bibs for use in ANSW Competitions.
For more information please see the ANSW website.
- Why does MWLAC have 5 clubs within it and which one do I belong to?
MWLA is one of the largest clubs in NSW. To encourage competition the Centre is divided into districts and once a year there is an interclub competition called the Colbert Shield.
Depending on where you live we break the clubs up as follows to encompass the following suburbs (this is guidance only as you can chose another club if you like):
Manly: Manly, Freshwater, Dee Why
Seaforth: Seaforth, Balgowlah
Wakehurst: Belrose, Frenchs Forest, Terry Hills, St Ives, Forestville
Cromer: Cromer, Collaroy, Beacon Hill
Pittwater: Narrabeen, Warriewood, Mona Vale, Bayview, Newport, Avalon, Palm Beach
- Does my child need a uniform, what do they wear?
As MWLA is split into 5 clubs (refer above), they need to purchase a singlet or a crop top for that club. You are free to buy black “skins” or other running shorts from any sportswear store. They must wear running shoes on our synthetic track and we ask parents to also do the same on competition days. Running spikes are allowed for children in the U11 and above age groups. All uniforms can be purchased at Narrabeen track. Wakehurst and Seaforth have their own stock at their own clubs. Please contact Seaforth and Wakehurst clubs for these
- Are there restrictions on numbers in each age group?
We try to aim for no more than 50 in each group. If we see the numbers close to this we may consider having to cap the age group and create a waiting list.
- Will Covid change anything this year?
This will depend on the advice from the NSW State Government, however at this stage in July 2022 we don’t foresee any changes to the season however we ask that you or your child/ren do not attend if you are unwell or if you have had COVID in the past week.
- When does training start?
Seaforth: Wednesday 7th Sept, Seaforth Oval, Seaforth
Wakehurst; Wednesday 7th Sept, Lionel Watts Oval, Frenchs Forest
Cromer, Manly and Pittwater: TBA